“The journey inward is the most challenging you will ever face. It is also the most rewarding.” – Jennifer Grant
On Thursday, August 13, 2015, I found myself standing approximately 12,000 feet above sea level looking over the surrounding vastness. We left for our trip the Friday before (spending the weekend in Las Vegas) and then taking a vehicle and traveling east back home. We had planned to spend a couple of days each in Utah and Colorado. It was a trip I was looking forward to, but hadn’t expected it to be life-altering.
High above the ground that final day in the mountains I realized very deeply what I had been missing. I had always been exceptional about self-care but I had been neglecting quality time outdoors along with my yoga practice. I made a commitment that things would be different. I didn’t know how or what, but they would be.
Five days later, I walked into yoga class and felt like I had returned home. As class wrapped up, I knew I’d be back soon and it felt good.
The next day I returned to yoga and during final savasana (corpse pose), I made another commitment. A forty day commitment. In that moment I decided that I would be practicing some form of yoga for every single day for #40Days in a row. Not only that, but I would post a picture on Instagram each day. At this point, I didn’t know what was to come, other than what I decided for myself.
As the days unfolded, clarity set in. Friday, August 21st, I attended a class that is part restorative yoga and part meditation. We spend the first 40 minutes in restorative poses and the last 20 minutes in meditation. Prior to going into meditation, I asked for additional clarity regarding my #40Days and said I was open to receiving it at this time. In essence, I was asking to be guided and to be used to serve in a bigger way.
Ask and ye shall receive … I received the answer in such a clear knowing of the steps that I needed to take and what would unfold going forward.
- I was to continue my forty day practice and when I was finished, I would start another with a new theme.
- In the meantime, I would brainstorm a list of other forty day themes that others would like to participate in.
- Each theme is to be focused on conscious living – mindfulness, self-care, gratitude, living life as a choice, etc.
- I will launch a program on January 1st that supports others as they embrace a more fulfilling life that they love.
- The program will be a membership program of sorts where I will ‘hold the space’ and guide you and we will all come together supporting one another.
- It will be cost effective – others will be able to participate for less than 50 cents/day.
- Participants will receive a variety of materials to accompany the program so they can use what works best for them.
- There will be 9 “reveals” (9 cycles) each year – 9 is a POWERFUL number.
- 9 = global consciousness
- the symbol of offering sympathy and compassion
- a reservoir of giving with a generous outpouring
- Most importantly – it will provide participants with practical, easy-to-use tools to empower them to TRULY live a life they desire.
Sometimes we are given such clarity and insight and we ignore it. Not this time. This information was given to me so clearly and I know I must listen. Creating this program is something I am deeply passionate about and committed to bring it forward.
Over the next 3 months, I’ll be sharing more details as it unfolds. And in the meantime, I encourage you to check out my personal #40Days on Instagram. Yesterday I started my second set and am focusing on #BeLoveSeeLove.
I can tell you that my forty days of yoga was truly magnificent and life-altering. Through this consistent practice, I’ve been a softer, more loving version of myself. I look forward to what is ahead as this continues unfolding!
Make a Difference . . . Lead with Love